Darkest Dusk
Welcome to Darkest Dusk!

Join the community today...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darkest Dusk
Welcome to Darkest Dusk!

Join the community today...
Darkest Dusk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 'o clock arrival

2 posters

Go down

3 'o clock arrival Empty 3 'o clock arrival

Post  Damon Salvatore Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:55 pm

-Kiki Dawn Valentine-
As I saw the building into view, I was getting excited. I was hoping I'd be able to get a job here, that would be awesome.
I could walk right in, because it was so late that there was no longer a row.
I looked around all the rooms, and occasionally someone came up to me, but I brushed them off, saying I was here for business.
Damon Salvatore
Damon Salvatore

Back to top Go down

3 'o clock arrival Empty Re: 3 'o clock arrival

Post  Ethan Brytt Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Three o'clock was usually the 'buzzing' time of night, but it seemed the teens that we usually saw were becoming more and more whipped by the parents with the ridiculous curfews. Sitting in my usual booth in front of the large room, I could clearly hear the door swing open. Snapping my eyes up from my glass of whiskey and blood, I caught sight of a ridiculously-confident girl. I rolled my eyes, leaning back further until my elbow rested against the side, awaiting her arrival to my booth. If she wanted business, she could come to me, no way I was going to her. At no point did I take my eyes off of her, trying to see if she would crack under the pressure and turn back towards the door, even ignoring the constant humans that would dare lay a finger on me. I would just forcefully shove them away without giving them a glance. This girl was too confident for my taste.
Ethan Brytt
Ethan Brytt

Back to top Go down

Post  Damon Salvatore Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:32 pm

-Kiki Dawn Valentine-
I walked up to the booth I saw the owner sitting at. Everyone knows his name though. Ethan Brytt.
I sat down opposite of him, looking him right in the eye from the door until sitting down.
"Do you need any more staff?" I ask him, right of the bat. Why banter?
I keep my face casual and confident.
Damon Salvatore
Damon Salvatore

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Brytt Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:44 pm

The gasps were audible around the room as this girl took a seat opposite that of me. I clicked my tongue, staring off into the growing crowd. Bringing the glass to my lips, I downed the whiskey before narrowing my eyes as I looked into her eyes.
"I don't believe I invited you to take a seat." My voice boomed. This girl must think she owns the place.
I signal for one of the waitresses to get me another whiskey before turning towards the girl once more, "And why should I hire you?"
Ethan Brytt
Ethan Brytt

Back to top Go down

Post  Damon Salvatore Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:11 pm

"I don't remember seeing anyone sitting here." I replied, knowing I had to be careful. This was one of the few older than me.
"And since I was starting a conversation with you, I saw it best to sit down, wouldn't want you to have to look up all the time." I made my sentence sounds so that he heard I chose my words carefully. 'So that you would have to look up to me the whole conversation' had first come to mind, but it implied to much
"And as for your question..." I slowly continued, making sure there was a long enough pause for him to be able to say anything.
"I can work my schedule around yours. I've got nowhere where I necessarily need to be, thus I can work at any hours that you still need filled."
I look at him expectantly, not letting my confidence drop, I have to have this job to know what's going on in town, but I do make sure that that working here is a question, not a demand.
Damon Salvatore
Damon Salvatore

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Brytt Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:35 pm

My jaw visibly tightened. She was a cocky one, but that could easily be fixed. She wanted to play this little game, I would be more than willing to play along. After all, I've been playing games almost my entire life.

'...wouldn't want you to have to look up all the time.' The sentence ran through my head, a rush of anger coursing my veins. "You make me out to be naive. If you wish to have a job here, you shall. Do not expect me to automatically trust you, you must earn it."
I leaned in closer until I was uncomfortably (for her at least) close, "I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, child. I had to climb the latter to success, just as you will here." I straightened my back, "You start tomorrow, but you may work a temporary shift tonight with Luna over at the bar. She'll give you orders that are to be delivered to the correct booths. No mistakes. Understood?"
Ethan Brytt
Ethan Brytt

Back to top Go down

Post  Damon Salvatore Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:53 am

-Kiki Dawn Valentine-
"I understand." Was the only reply I gave, before I got up.
Business is done, objective complete.
I walked to the bar and told Luna, briefly, what had happened. She smiled at me.
"We could use some extra hands."
She explained how the table number system worked, then put me to work.
The rest of the night I was bringing around all kinds of drinks. I heard enough that interested me, but noting I had been looking for. I knew I'd get lucky soon enough.
Damon Salvatore
Damon Salvatore

Back to top Go down

Post  Damon Salvatore Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:49 pm

-Kiki Dawn Valentine-
When the evening was done and all tables clean, I wondered whether maybe Ethan still wanted to talk to me. I looked around, but since I didn't see him, I presumed not. I made my way to the exit, ready to go home.
Damon Salvatore
Damon Salvatore

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Brytt Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:05 pm

I spent the night keeping my eyes trained on this new girl, not entirely sure if I had caught her name. She was doing just fine, or as Luna informed me, but in my eyes, she was making mistake after mistake. It's really her not fault,, I thought after making my way outside to lean against the concrete wall, watching as humans drunkenly darted cars as they walked home, Goddamn humans, can't even hold their liquor.
I walked to my car after having a word with the club's bouncer and sending him home. Fiddling with the keys, which I never understood, I snapped my head up when I heard the door shut. Ah, the new girl. I watched her walk a few more feet before I gave up on my keys, shoved them back into my pocket, and sped off to in front of the new girl. I was treading on thin ice by how close I was. A sinister smile, my trademark smile, spread across my lips, "You did fine..." My mind drew a blank as to her name, "We open early tomorrow for the annual Transylvanian Ball. The crowds will be flooding in at six, I'll expect you to arrive at five sharp for preparations. Understood?"
Ethan Brytt
Ethan Brytt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum