Darkest Dusk
Welcome to Darkest Dusk!

Join the community today...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darkest Dusk
Welcome to Darkest Dusk!

Join the community today...
Darkest Dusk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood by the pint

2 posters

Go down

Blood by the pint Empty Blood by the pint

Post  Suzanna Gilbert Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:01 am

My hips sway as I push through the hospital doors and slip inside. All around me are sick people, coughing, spluttering, and otherwise trying the best to spread whatever disease afflicts them. All I can say is that I am glad that I no longer get sick. If I were capable of it, I think this is the last place I would go. There is only one reason why I have come here, and it is not because I am in bad health.

Blood. That sweet elixir of life. The Stuff I dream about, even if I do not sleep. To vampires hospitals are like a take-out restaurant, only we do not pay. We take the blood we need.

I think no one notices when I slip down a corridor not meant for the general public..
Suzanna Gilbert
Suzanna Gilbert

http://www.fanfiction.net/~jsarnold

Back to top Go down

Blood by the pint Empty Re: Blood by the pint

Post  xBlairex Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:52 pm

I was visiting my Grammy in room 413 after she had taken a fall down her staircase. Most of her ribs were broken, if not broken, then cracked. She looked pale lying in her hospital bed, an oxygen tube up her nose; Grammy had insisted that she did not need it, but the nurses told her it was for precautions because of her age. She had taken this as an insult, immediately telling the nurse to leave, which made me crack a smile. That was sooo something Grammy would do.
Patting her arm, I warmly said, "I better get home, visiting hours are almost up." She smiled towards me before nodding, "See you tomorrow?"
I smiled, "You betcha."

Since my Grammy was wealthy, she was placed along a corridor that was restricted from the public, only medical staff and the family of the patients were allowed down the hall. As I closed the door to her room, I slowly began walking down the hall after glancing over my shoulder towards the large 'vault' as I liked to call it. It was meant to store blood, but don't be fooled by its appearance, the only locking mechanism on it is fairly simple to pick even with a paperclip.
Continuing on, I glanced up to find a fellow red-head walking towards me. Something about her set my witchy-senses on edge. I stopped in my tracks, keeping my eyes trained on her. I worked up the courage to ask her, "Are you permitted to be down this hall?" If she did, she should have a 'hall pass', pretty lame name, reminds me of that hell-hole high school.
xBlairex
xBlairex

Back to top Go down

Post  Suzanna Gilbert Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:04 am

I force the snarl that is ready to burst out my mouth back down my throat and turn, smiling sweetly. "Yes, of course I have a "pass"' I lift my hands up to make air-quotation marks. "I work in the Hematology department." I don't ask her why she is here since I in no way want to pro-long this little chat. I'm getting hungry.
Suzanna Gilbert
Suzanna Gilbert

Back to top Go down

Post  xBlairex Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:07 pm

I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest, as I looked her up and down. She quite clearly didn't look like hospital staff, "Oh, really?" I raised my dark eyebrows, "You don't look like you work here," I brought my voice down as so no one listening in on the conversation could hear it, "You don't have to hide what you are. I grew up with explanations of the supernatural."
xBlairex
xBlairex

Back to top Go down

Post  Suzanna Gilbert Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:57 am

I blink at her, once, twice, three times trying to find my words. I am so used to saying what I want and it being believed without question that for a few moments I am speechless. I watch her watching my mouth as the smile that had been plastered there a moment before disappears into a scowl.

"Really..." I come closer to her, sniff delicately, hoping that her scent will tell me things that I would rather not ask for. "you are not vampire though, I do not smell it on your skin..."

I hope she understands that I am.
Suzanna Gilbert
Suzanna Gilbert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum